We have loved these banana Greek yogurt waffles for years and I am so excited to share this recipe with you. They’re warm, crisp and soft. The Greek yogurt not only makes the waffles soft, but it adds a little bit of tang to the waffles. Right off the waffle iron, add butter and maple syrup and these are sure to be your next family’s favorite banana waffle recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through any of the links to products provided, I will earn a small commission. For which I will use to continue bringing delicious treats to you and your family, and providing tips and tricks to simplify your home. For more information please see our disclosure policy.
When I first discovered this recipe it was made with sour cream and a little more sugar. I’ve altered it to make it with plain Greek yogurt since it tastes so much like sour cream and it’s a healthier alternative.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cups plain Greek yogurt or Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 bananas, smashed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, & baking powder. Set aside
- In a small bowl beat egg whites until light peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolk, Greek yogurt or sour cream, milk, melted butter, & mashed banana.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture. You may need to add more milk. Sometimes it just depends on how dry it is in the air. Fold in whipped egg white.
- Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
We enjoy these with regular old butter and maple syrup. But, we have used strawberries, blueberries or sliced bananas and loved them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 388Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 111mgSodium 573mgCarbohydrates 43gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 5gSugar 6gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 14g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated. It is provided as an estimate only.